St David’s Children Society
St. David’s provides locally based adoption services across all of Wales and Herefordshire and will consider applications from enquirers who live on the borders of these regions. We provide adoption services of the highest quality as is evidenced in our latest CSSIW inspection report. Our commitment is to support the adopted child and family for life.
St David’s Children Society is approved as an adoption agency by the Care and Social Services Inspectorate: Registration No: W010000822. As a registered charity, all of our work is entirely charitable and non-profit making.
Latest Newsmore news
Julie Selwyn’s research – Beyond the Adoption Order (Wales): Discord and disruption in adoptive families
Julie Selwyn’s research – Beyond the Adoption Order (Wales): Discord and disruption in adoptive families Chief Executive of St David’s Children Society, Gerry Cooney responding to Dr Selwyn’s research: he publication of Julie Selwyn’s report on the quality of adoption Read more
I am delighted to have been invited to the official opening of these new offices and to be part of such an important day for all those who work for St David’s Children’s Society and their partners. It was wonderful Read more
Adopt in Herefordshire and Wales with St David’s
- In 2012, BAAF awarded us as one of the top three adoption agencies in the UK.
- In the past two financial years, 1 in every 7 Welsh children placed for adoption, was placed with a St. David's approved adoptive family. (St David’s is one of 24 agencies providing adoption placement services across Wales).
- In our last 100 adoption placements we had a breakdown rate of 3%. This is one of the lowest breakdown rate of any adoption agency in the UK - 97% of our adoption placements are successful.
- We offer an exceptionally high level of ongoing support to all placements as is evidenced by our partnership with Adoption UK and the low levels of placement breakdown.
- 95% of our adopters are approved within 8 months of their first response to St. David's adoption agency.
- 90% of our adopters have children placed with them within 12 months of their point of first contact.
- Our very recent CSSIW inspection report reflected an outstanding service.
- Established in 1942, St. David’s is the longest serving adoption agency in Wales and has placed over 2,000 Welsh children for adoption.
- If you would like a high quality, supportive adoption service, contact us now
Do we have any adopters who are also keen cyclists? If so, please get in touch, we'd love to hear from you.
Have you spotted our new advertisement in Hereford? Come rain or shine they'll be out and about http://t.co/H5WhOTYKs7