Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Foster Carer Wanting to Adopt our matched child
09-14-2015, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2015 04:00 AM by welshbeauty.)
Foster Carer Wanting to Adopt our matched child
Has anyone been matched with a child and had the matching meeting and a panel date been arranged, then the foster saying she wants to put in an application to adopt? This has happened to me and I am devastated, she has had him over a year and now said she wants to apply to adopt him, the social workers have asked her numerous times if she wants to adopt the child and she has said no and 8 weeks to panel she has done this, we are heartbroken as we could lose this child now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2015, 12:09 AM
RE: Foster Carer Wanting to Adopt our matched child
(09-14-2015 08:25 PM)welshbeauty Wrote:  Has anyone been matched with a child and had the matching meeting and a panel date been arranged, then the foster saying she wants to put in an application to adopt? This has happened to me and I am devastated, she has had him over a year and now said she wants to apply to adopt him, the social workers have asked her numerous times if she wants to adopt the child and she has said no and 8 weeks to panel she has done this, we are heartbroken as we could lose this child now.
09-17-2015, 12:14 AM
RE: Foster Carer Wanting to Adopt our matched child
(09-17-2015 12:09 AM)adoptadmin Wrote:  
(09-14-2015 08:25 PM)welshbeauty Wrote:  Has anyone been matched with a child and had the matching meeting and a panel date been arranged, then the foster saying she wants to put in an application to adopt? This has happened to me and I am devastated, she has had him over a year and now said she wants to apply to adopt him, the social workers have asked her numerous times if she wants to adopt the child and she has said no and 8 weeks to panel she has done this, we are heartbroken as we could lose this child now.

This is an uncommon situation but does does happen occasionally, and is evidently very sad and difficult to deal with.
Sometimes the reality of a child moving on becomes too hard to face , however positively the carer feels about the potential match.
We are here to listen, help and support in any way we can. Joan